Stop the Obama Gun Ban!
What is GRNC LAT?
GRNC deliberately does not hire “lobbyists,” whose interests are invariably conflicted by having to curry favor with politicians in order to earn a living. Instead, our all-volunteer GRNC Legislative Action Team (GRNC LAT) represents our “boots on the ground” to pass pro-gun laws and stop gun control.
GUN CONTROL DEFEATED
In recent years, GRNC LAT has killed:
- 3 gun show bills;
- 2 trigger lock bills;
- 2 bills which would have punished gun owners for having guns stolen from them;
- 2 bills which would have registered law-abiding gun owners with the State Bureau of Investigation;
- 1 bill that would have subjected gun owners to intrusive efforts by the state to monitor their medical records; and more.
PRO-GUN LEGISLATION PASSED
Even beyond spearheading passage of concealed carry (1995), concealed handgun reciprocity (2003) and legislation exempting concealed handgun permit-holders from sheriffs’ arbitrary gun purchase restrictions (2004) plus numerous other pro-gun bills, this year GRNC LAT spearheaded passage of omnibus House Bill 650, which:
- Expands lawful self-defense via Castle Doctrine;
- Expands concealed carry in state and municipal parks, financial institutions, and elsewhere;
- Improves concealed handgun permit issuance; makes ownership of Title II (fully automatic) firearms legal in North Carolina, and much more.
‘WHEN THEY FEEL THE HEAT, THEY SEE THE LIGHT’
As a grass roots mobilization group, GRNC focuses intense pressure on particular politicians and particular committees based on the principle that, to paraphrase the late Senator Everett Dirksen: “When they feel the heat, they see the light.”
Rather than asking politicians for their help, GRNC generally deluges them with thousands of phone calls and e-mails, then stops by to deliver a simple message: “Hi. We’re from GRNC. We represent tens of thousands of gun owners across the state, and we think you know what we want: We need your vote on this bill, Senator.”