PROPOSED GUN-BAN EFFORTS FOILED IN WESLEY CHAPEL
GRNC is starting off the year with both feet on the ground running hard. Our first victory occurred in Wilson, NC, where the City Attorney, after reviewing Wilson Park Signage at our request, acknowledged their signs are NOT in compliance with State Law and committed to fixing them.
Last night, with the help of GRNC members in attendance, the Village of Wesley Chapel permanently tabled their bad idea of creating a “Dangerous Weapons” Ordinance for Village facilities. After hearing from Speakers from the floor, as well as a plethora of emails generated from our GRNC Alert, the Village Council no longer had any desire to proceed. A two-two tie, broken in favor of continuing this matter last month quickly became a 4-0 unanimous vote last night without any discussion. Yes, indeed, the Wesley Chapel Village Council did not want a round three with GRNC!
This win in Wesley Chapel means that we're building momentum for Lobby Day at the State Capitol---starting 2015 with a bang http://grnc.org/citizen-lobby-day
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
Sign Online Legislative Petition 2014
Petition calling upon members of the General Assembly to finish the work they began by requiring bureaucrats to obey laws enabling citizens to defend themselves.
Lies Told by Moms Demanding Action
Click here to learn the full details of the deceptions spread by the so-called Moms Demanding Action (or rather Moms Demanding Gun Bans).
Additional Skills Needed for the GRNC Alert Team
A person is needed to expand the GRNC alert team. Good writing skills is a must along with the ability to coordinate with personnel at various levels. Knowledge of HTML and ability to manipulate HTML style emails on the code level. Strong understanding of desktop publishing concepts and Microsoft Office tools. Person should be able to translate legal, political, technical and firearms jargon into layman's terms and make the public care about the issue. Familiarity of a mass emailing system like Constant Contact is a nice to have.
If interested, please contact GRNC via the following e-mail address:
- GRNC Update 10-6-14: GRNC Compels Durham to Destroy Jim Crow Handgun Registry
- GRNC Update 06-29-14: Victories, Videos, Photos & More!
- GRNC Update 06-13-14: This Just in from Tom Gresham's 'Gun Talk'
- GRNC Update 06-04-14: CSPAN Will Cover GRNC Gun Rights Extravaganza
- GRNC Update 04-16-14: FAQs about GRNC Candidate Evaluations
- GRNC Update 03-05-14: Bloomberg 'Moms' Bomb Again
- GRNC Update 02-27-14: Moms Demanded Action and Got NOTHING!
- GRNC Update 2-5-13: Pro-Second Amendment Lawyer Alan Gura Visits Raleigh!
- GRNC Update 01-25-14: Civitas Media put on notice over gun owner lists
- GRNC Update 01-12-14: Victory in Kernersville!
- GRNC Update 12-2-13 Open Carry Victory in Alamance County!
- GRNC Update 10-03-13: NC Gun Blast - Today's Media Links
- GRNC Update 9-25-13 Two Upcoming GRNC Events!
- GRNC Update 8-8-13 (2): Annual Dinner - Overview, Videos & Photos
- GRNC Update 7-29-13: HB 937 Finally Becomes Law!
- GRNC Update 4-9-13: Wake County ACLU To Host Firearms Panel Discussion
- GRNC Update 3-21-13: Immediate Action Needed: Return Restaurant Carry to HB 17!
- GRNC Update 3-2-13: NC Gun Legislation Analysis
- Agenda: Gun advocates hope to revisit bills stymied last session
- GRNC Update 1-14-2013: Update to GRNC Alert 1-11-2013
- Gun groups to Congress: Members won't register
- GRNC Update 12-19-12: Passing of a Pro-Gun Hero Col. Jim Jeffries
- Newspaper Recommends GRNC Candidate Evaluations Over NRA Ratings
- GRNC Update 09-30-2012: Reconfirm: HELP GRNC ELECT PRO-GUN LEGISLATORS!
- GRNC Update 09-16-2012: HELP GRNC ELECT PRO-GUN LEGISLATORS!