GOVERNOR McCRORY SIGNS HOUSE BILL 562
Governor Pat McCrory signed the GRNC-backed Omnibus Gun Legislation House Bill 562 into law yesterday. We want to thank Governor McCrory for signing this bill, as well as NC Representatives Jacqueline Shaffer (R-105); Justin Burr (R-67); George Cleveland (R-14); as well as Senator Jeff Tarte (R-41) for their efforts in getting this bill passed with the strongest language possible. Most of all, we'd like to thank you for your support of GRNC. Without you, we cannot continue to our tireless work to defend your 2nd Amendment rights.
Among the victories for gun owners in North Carolina:
- Expanded campus carry (and giving an affirmative defense for defensive gun use on campus)
- Reduced penalties for carriage onto posted premises Expanded sport shooting range protection
- Reductions in arbitrary permit denials for both concealed handgun permits and pistol purchase permits while reducing the number of disqualifying prior offenses for those permits
- A new cause of action against local governments which violate our statewide firearms preemption law
- A requirement for sheriffs to sign Form 4s for qualified Title II applicants
- A provision for legal resident aliens to get concealed handgun permits Short-barreled rifle hunting in addition to the suppressor hunting passed in 2013
We Still Need Your Help!
Your support is still needed! Please click here to donate to GRNC so we can continue to protect your 2nd Amendment rights.
Additional Skills Needed for the
A person is needed to expand the GRNC alert team. Good writing skills is a must along with the ability to coordinate with personnel at various levels. Knowledge of HTML and ability to manipulate HTML style emails on the code level. Strong understanding of desktop publishing concepts and Microsoft Office tools. Person should be able to translate legal, political, technical and firearms jargon into layman's terms and make the public care about the issue. Familiarity of a mass emailing system like Constant Contact is a nice to have.
© 2015 Grass Roots North Carolina. All rights reserved. Reproduction and distribution is permitted provided full attribution is given and the item is reprinted in its entirety. Address questions to:
Support these PRO RKBA merchants who, as GRNC sponsors, are supporting your Second Amendment rights:
Carolina Sporting Arms: 8055 South Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28273; 704.554.9511;
The Carolinas' destination for quality firearms and exceptional customer service for over 20 years. We specialize in firearms and firearms-related products with unmatched expertise to help both beginners and experienced shooters find the right products to meet their needs. Charlotte's only Five-Star indoor range! http://csaguns.com/
The Range at Lake Norman, 704-896-3155, www.therangeatlakenorman.com
Hyatt Gun Shop, 3332 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-394-0387, www.hyattguns.com
Tigerswan Range Complex (TRC), World class outdoor shooting range that meets & exceeds the new Cumberland County range requirements. Built by former members of the elite "DELTA FORCE". 2850 Tigerswan Drive, Autryville, NC 28318. 910-208-4117 - tigerswan.com
Carolina Shooters Club, The largest/ most active Online firearms community in the Carolinas. Come join the discussions with our firearms enthusiasts and trainers. We have dedicated sections for the ladies, training topics, political and 2A-related issues. www.carolinashootersclub.com
37 Public Shooting Range & Gun Club, 1333 Loop Road, Bunnlevel, NC 28323, 910-893-9887, www.range37.com
Point Blank Range, 743 River Highway, Mooresville, NC 28117, 704-230-0262, www.PointBlankRange.com
C & E Gun Shows, 4225 Fortress Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060; Phone 540-953-0016 or 888-715-0606; www.cegunshows.com/
Dixie Gun and Knife Shows, PO Box 21049, Raleigh, NC 27619, ph: 919-781-1287, www.dixiegunandknifeshow.com/
NCGunOwners.com, North Carolina's friendliest firearm smartphone app and web forum, working to promote gun ownership in NC www.NCGunOwners.com
Handgunners, Inc., 4325 NC Hwy 49 South, Burlington, NC 27215, (336) 570-1015 www.handgunners.com
Sterling Pistols, custom pistols, FFL transfers, general repairs, Glock enhancements, 704-840-7625
Reedy Creek Realty, 1818 Medfield Road, Raleigh, NC 27607, 1-877-428-SOLD(7653), NRA / CHP Instructor & Realtor serving the Triangle area, Free Firearm With Home Sale or Purchase!, http://www.ReedyCreekRealty.com
The Blue Book Man and Firearms' Guide www.thefirearmsguide.com
Down South Ammo, Home of "SOUTHERN THUNDER" Exploding Targets, http://downsouthammo.com/
Holsters & Stuff, 4048 Sherwood Forest Drive, Trinity, NC 27370, (336) 313-6167 www.holstersandstuff.com
Morris Firearms at Sportsman's Lodge; Great handgun prices. New and used guns; website: http://www.gftc.com/
Morris Firearms on Carolina Shooters Club: http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/forums/94-Morris-Firearms-at-Sportsman-s-Lodge
Morris Firearms on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morris-Firearms-at-Sportsmans-Lodge/336361380219
The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115, 704-663-5656
Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659, 336-667-6303, www.duncangun.com
Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS, www.shootersexpress.com
Vanguard Security Consulting, LLC, 19135 W. Catawba Ave, Cornelius, NC 28031
Grass Roots North Carolina is a 501(c)(4) organization as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Contributions to GRNC are not tax deductible. "Contributions to civic leagues or other section 501(c)(4) organizations generally are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. They may be deductible as trade or business expenses, if ordinary and necessary in the conduct of the taxpayer’s business." IRS - Donations to Section 501(c)(4) Organizations. Please consult the IRS website, www.irs.gov, or your tax or legal advisor for specific information.
Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 9919-807-2214. The license is not an endorsement by the State.
- GRNC UPDATE 01-13-15 2015 STARTING OFF WITH A BANG!
- GRNC Update 10-6-14: GRNC Compels Durham to Destroy Jim Crow Handgun Registry
- GRNC Update 06-29-14: Victories, Videos, Photos & More!
- GRNC Update 06-13-14: This Just in from Tom Gresham's 'Gun Talk'
- GRNC Update 06-04-14: CSPAN Will Cover GRNC Gun Rights Extravaganza
- GRNC Update 04-16-14: FAQs about GRNC Candidate Evaluations
- GRNC Update 03-05-14: Bloomberg 'Moms' Bomb Again
- GRNC Update 02-27-14: Moms Demanded Action and Got NOTHING!
- GRNC Update 2-5-13: Pro-Second Amendment Lawyer Alan Gura Visits Raleigh!
- GRNC Update 01-25-14: Civitas Media put on notice over gun owner lists
- GRNC Update 01-12-14: Victory in Kernersville!
- GRNC Update 12-2-13 Open Carry Victory in Alamance County!
- GRNC Update 10-03-13: NC Gun Blast - Today's Media Links
- GRNC Update 9-25-13 Two Upcoming GRNC Events!
- GRNC Update 8-8-13 (2): Annual Dinner - Overview, Videos & Photos
- GRNC Update 7-29-13: HB 937 Finally Becomes Law!
- GRNC Update 4-9-13: Wake County ACLU To Host Firearms Panel Discussion
- GRNC Update 3-21-13: Immediate Action Needed: Return Restaurant Carry to HB 17!
- GRNC Update 3-2-13: NC Gun Legislation Analysis
- Agenda: Gun advocates hope to revisit bills stymied last session
- GRNC Update 1-14-2013: Update to GRNC Alert 1-11-2013
- Gun groups to Congress: Members won't register
- GRNC Update 12-19-12: Passing of a Pro-Gun Hero Col. Jim Jeffries
- Newspaper Recommends GRNC Candidate Evaluations Over NRA Ratings
- GRNC Update 09-30-2012: Reconfirm: HELP GRNC ELECT PRO-GUN LEGISLATORS!