As you will recall from previous GRNC alerts, Alamance county employees reportedly had inappropriate emotional reactions to citizens paying taxes while legally armed.
Gun control-supporting politicians used these inappropriate responses as an excuse to propose an open carry ban on county property. Such a ban would have clearly violated the constitution of North Carolina.
Thanks to your overwhelming input following GRNC alerts, Alamance county commissioners felt the heat, and saw the light.
Not only was the proposed open carry ban defeated, but the earlier 1995 concealed carry ban on county property was repealed!
Count this as another clear victory for YOU, the freedom-loving citizens of North Carolina! It was your decisive input that made the difference.
Commissioner Tim Sutton was a clear Second Amendment defender and deserves our thanks, as do local GRNC supporters who did the essential leg work in attending meetings, gathering information, and in speaking in support of the rights all North Carolinans. These patriots have earned our gratitude.
Congratulate yourselves on another battle won in the war to restore the right to bear arms in North Carolina!
- GRNC Update 10-03-13: NC Gun Blast - Today's Media Links
- GRNC Update 9-25-13 Two Upcoming GRNC Events!
- GRNC Update 8-8-13 (2): Annual Dinner - Overview, Videos & Photos
- GRNC Update 7-29-13: HB 937 Finally Becomes Law!
- GRNC Update 4-9-13: Wake County ACLU To Host Firearms Panel Discussion
- GRNC Update 3-21-13: Immediate Action Needed: Return Restaurant Carry to HB 17!
- GRNC Update 3-2-13: NC Gun Legislation Analysis
- Agenda: Gun advocates hope to revisit bills stymied last session
- GRNC Update 1-14-2013: Update to GRNC Alert 1-11-2013
- Gun groups to Congress: Members won't register
- GRNC Update 12-19-12: Passing of a Pro-Gun Hero Col. Jim Jeffries
- Newspaper Recommends GRNC Candidate Evaluations Over NRA Ratings
- GRNC Update 09-30-2012: Reconfirm: HELP GRNC ELECT PRO-GUN LEGISLATORS!
- GRNC Update 09-16-2012: HELP GRNC ELECT PRO-GUN LEGISLATORS!
- GRNC Update 8-22-12: Victory In Pinehurst!
- GRNC Update 08-16-2012: Greensboro Gun Show Needs Volunteers!
- GRNC Update 08-12-2012: Charlotte Gun Show Needs Volunteers!
- GRNC Update 8-6-12: Senate Fails To Pass “Cybersecurity” Bill
- GRNC Update 08-02-2012: Upcoming Gun Shows – Ral, Fayetteville & WS
- GRNC Update 7-21-12: Chris Leith Supports Your Rights
- GRNC Update 7-14-12: Charlotte Gun Show Needs Volunteers
- GRNC Update 7-10-12: Asheville Gun Show Needs Volunteers
- GRNC Update 7-9-12: Concord Gun Show Needs Volunteers
- GRNC Update 7-8-12: Jacksonville Gun Show Needs Volunteers
- GRNC Update 7-3-12: Gun Owners Mark The Death Of HB111